Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bring the Open Access Road Show to your departmental faculty and graduate researchers..



Kodak Instamatic 104
image under Creative
Commons spectreMEDIA
The Library’s Research Enterprise and Scholarly Communication team wants to bring Open Access to you! We are reaching out to you as chair to bring the Open Access Road Show to your departmental faculty and graduate researchers:

This is your chance to organize a session and discuss the issues with your colleagues. We will tailor a session to your discipline and specific interests. A librarian will discuss the issues, dispel myths and answer your faculty questions.

Questions such as:

•        What is Open Access?
•        Why are many funders requiring and encouraging researchers to publish in Open Access environments?
•        How is Open Access affecting my discipline?
•        What simple ways can I make my research more visible and globally accessible?
•        How can I maintain my rights as an author if I publish my work as Open Access?
•        ... And more

Contact me to arrange a presentation in your department sometime this spring or summer.

When:          Anytime from April onward...
Where:         In your department
Session length: You decide (let's talk)

Contact:          Jane Burpee -  x54255 - jburpee@uoguelph.ca

~
Posted by K. Jane